Royal Horticultural Society Level 3 Certificate in Practical Horticulture
After completing RHS level 2 qualifications, many people like the challenge of progressing to the next level. The RHS Level 3 Certificate in Practical Horticulture offers you a chance to show your competence in propagation techniques and in the organisation and planning of work which you will need, to move on to higher and supervisory levels in the industry.
- Collecting and testing soil samples and specifying adjustments for horticulture
- Collecting, preparing and propagating from seed
- Establishing and maintaining a range of plant types and forms
- Identification of a range of common garden plants, weeds, pests, diseases and disorders
- *Planning collecting, preparing and establishing propagation material or Management of green spaces, landscaped areas and ornamental gardens
Duration: Courses are 28 weeks, spaced throughout the year for seasonality; from 9.00am to 13.00 pm on Saturdays at Ryton; on Thursdays 13.15 - 16.15pm at Bampton, and Wednesdays 13.30 -16.30pm at North Moreton.
Level 3 practical from September 2018: course costs £960 (£800 + VAT)
made up of £695 tuition fees + £105 RHS fees; or four payments of £246 (£205 plus VAT)
How each course is taught and assessed:
You will study 5 units. The fifth (optional) unit taught at Bampton and on Saturdays at Ryton will be Propagation, and Management of Green Spaces at North Moreton.
You will be shown how to carry out a range of practical horticultural tasks; then you will have the chance to practise them before you are assessed by the instructor.
Achievement: When you have passed all of the assessments, we will apply to the Royal Horticultural Society for your Level 3 Certificate in Practical Horticulture.Combined with the two theory Certificates, this makes up the RHS Level 3 Diploma in the Principles and Practices of Horticulture.