Certificate in Practical Horticulture
RHS Level 3: Practical Course
- Collecting and testing soil samples and specifying adjustments for horticulture
- Collecting, preparing and propagating from seed
- Establishing and maintaining a range of plant types and forms
- Identification of a range of common garden plants, weeds, pests, diseases and disorders
- *Planning collecting, preparing and establishing propagation material or Management of green spaces, landscaped areas and ornamental gardens
Duration: Courses are 28 weeks, spaced throughout the year for seasonality, from 9.00 am to 12.30 pm.
How each course is taught and assessed:
You will study 5 units. In 2012/13 the fifth (optional) unit taught will be Propagation.
You will be shown how to carry out a range of practical horticultural tasks; then you will have the chance to practise them before you are assessed by the instructor.
Achievement: When you have passed all of the assessments, we will apply to the RHS for your L3 Certificate in Practical Horticulture.