Certificate in Practical Horticulture
RHS Level 3 : Practical Course
- Collecting and testing soil samples and specifying adjustments for horticulture
- Collecting, preparing and propagating from seed
- Establishing and maintaining a range of plant types and forms
- Identification of a range of common garden plants, weeds, pests, diseases and disorders
- *Planning collecting, preparing and establishing propagation material or Management of green spaces, landscaped areas and ornamental gardens
How each course is taught and assessed:
You will study 5 units. (you will need to agree with your tutor which optional unit* you are studying)
You will be shown in your online classroom how to carry out a range of practical horticultural tasks, which you should study and practise; then you will have the chance to practise them again at our Centre before you are assessed against RHS standards.
Download a leaflet here on how 'blended learning' works.
Achievement: When you have passed all of the assessments, we will apply to the RHS for your L3 Certificate in Practical Horticulture.