Certificate in Practical Horticulture
RHS Level 2: Practical Course
- Soil Testing
- Sowing seeds and vegetative propagation techniques
- Practical skills in ground preparation for seeding and planting
- Practical skills in establishing seeds and plants in soil
- Care and pruning of plants
- Identification of a range of common garden plants, weeds, pests, diseases, disorders and beneficial organisms
- *Sustainable garden practice or safe operation of powered garden machinery
How each course is taught and assessed:
You will be shown in your online classroom how to carry out a range of practical horticultural tasks, which you should study and practise; then you will have the chance to practise them again at our Centre before you are assessed against RHS standards.
Download a leaflet on how 'blended learning' works here.
Achievement: When you have passed all of the assessments, we will apply to the RHS for your L2 Certificate in Practical Horticulture.