Distance Learning Courses
For distance learning we offer learners the opportunity to study Royal Horticulture Society (RHS) courses from the comfort of their own homes. The Royal Horticultural Society is the UK's leading gardening charity dedicated to advancing horticulture and promoting good gardening. Its goal is to help people share a passion for plants, to encourage excellence in horticulture and inspire all those with an interest in gardening.
RHS Qualifications is a nationally recognised awarding body offering a range of accredited qualifications for both professional horticulturists and keen gardeners. Studying for RHS qualifications opens up a host of career opportunities.
There are two study options for RHS courses, an online course and a correspondence course; you choose the method of study that suits you best.
Online study through a 'virtual classroom'
- Log on to your dedicated online classroom for each unit
- Download notes and presentations to read on or offline
- View interactive materials and 'self-test' quizzes online
- Contact your course tutor using the internal messaging system
- Upload practice exam papers and questions, and your revision workbook for feedback and support
- Keep in touch with other students on your course through the online forum
- Get updates and reminders about exam deadlines
Correspondence course with printed course book
- Full-colour printed course materials for each unit
- You can work whenever and wherever you like
- a revision workbook and unit exercises to complete, to help you consolidate your knowledge
- Contact your course tutor via email, phone or post for support in your studies
- Your tutor will mark your revision workbook and send you questions and a mock examination paper for each unit, give you feedback and help you to prepare for examinations.