Royal Horticultural Society Level 3 Certificate in Practical Horticulture
RHS Level 3 : Practical Course
- Collecting and testing soil samples and specifying adjustments for horticulture
- Collecting, preparing and propagating from seed
- Establishing and maintaining a range of plant types and forms
- Identification of a range of common garden plants, weeds, pests, diseases and disorders
- Planning collecting, preparing and establishing propagation material
How each course is taught and assessed:
You will study 5 units. We offer the propagation unit as part of the 'blended' course.
You will be shown in your online classroom how to carry out a range of practical horticultural tasks, which you should study and practise; then you will have the chance to practise them again at our Centre before you are assessed against Royal Horticultural Society standards.
Download a leaflet here on how 'blended learning' works.
There are two parts to the course:
Part 1, study: online study materials and tuition for the five-unit course: £192 (£160 + VAT)
Part 2, assessment: RHS Registration fees £105 + assessment fees £415 + VAT = £624, or four instalments of £162 including administration fee.
Achievement: When you have passed all of the assessments, we will apply to the Royal Horticultural Society for your Level 3 Certificate in Practical Horticulture.