Develop a career in Horticulture
The horticultural courses & qualifications we offer will provide you with the skills & knowledge you need for a successful career.
B.E.S.T. in Horticulture delivers RHS theory and practical courses at Ryton Organic Gardens & North Moreton in Oxfordshire.
Register of UK Learning Providers Reference no: 10041193
Distance Learning Courses
There are two study options for RHS courses, an online course and a correspondence course
Online study through a “virtual classroom”
- Log on to your dedicated online classroom for each unit
- download all your notes, presentations and your revision workbook to read on or offline
- View interactive materials and ‘self-test’ quizzes online
- Contact your course tutor using the internal messaging system for feedback and support
- Upload practice exam papers and questions,
- Keep in touch with other students on your course through the online forum
Correspondence course with printed course book
- Full-colour printed course materials for each unit, so that you can work whenever and wherever you like
- a revision workbook to help you consolidate your knowledge
- Contact your course tutor via email for support in your studies
- Your tutor will mark your revision workbook and mock examination papers to give you feedback and help you to prepare for examinations.
Blended Learning Courses
Blended Learning is a combination of distance learning, practical teaching and assessment. The practical aspects are taught online, with formal assessments at our Ryton Centre in line with the awarding body requirements.
It is an excellent way of gaining a valuable qualification, studying when it suits you.
It is most suitable for experienced home gardeners, or anyone in the industry looking to validate their knowledge with a qualification.
It is not suitable for complete beginners or for anyone who does not have access to a garden or allotment, because it does require a high level of preparation and practice at home or work, using the videos, powerpoints and step-by-step notes provided for the tasks which make up the RHS qualifications.
Study: You can start online study at any time during the year, and begin to practise the tasks.
Assessment: Then sign up for assessment days when you are ready.
For level 2 there are six Saturdays, spaced through the year to cover all the seasonal elements (for dates and prices, see the leaflet below)
For level 3 there are three full weekends in February, July and October.